Embrace Winter In Central New York
Compete in the cardboard sledding derby, you'll enjoy a thrilling event but will also help raise money and awareness for a great cause! Race down the slopes in your own sled made of only cardboard, tape, and paint. Join us after the derby for food, drinks and a chance to vote in the Battle of the Bars in the comfort of our heated tent and don't miss the Bells Brewery Ice Bar!
Not a derby daredevil? Enjoy the fun with reduced priced snow tubing passes, and watch the derby from the heated tent while sampling food and drinks. There is something for everyone!
FORM A TEAM TO COMPETE and FUNDRAISE!
Round up your friends, coworkers, or family and form a team of no more than five! Get building, pick a pilot and a pusher! Get creative and show your team spirit with a team costume and gather the largest and loudest cheering team you can! Award will go to the team that hits the highest decibel.
Each sled team needs to raise a minimum of $250. Ask people to sponsor your team’s sled to help a good cause. Click here for some ideas to get your fundraising efforts started and you can earn incentives for your hard work!
WIN FUN AWARDS!
Fastest Sled, Slowest Sled, Highest Fundraising Team, Best Costume, Most Creative Sled, Loudest Cheer Team, and new this year: Best Social Media Team
1) When else do you get to fly down a hill in a box?
2) Limp Lizard BBQ...say no more
3) Bells Brewery Ice Bar - Don't miss it before it melts!
4) The chance to smack talk all your competitors...in a friendly way
5) Cast your vote for CNY's Best Wintry Beverage
6) Revisit your childhood and save $$$ with reduced price snow tubing
7) Watch your favorite weather man Jim Teske pilot the Channel 9 Sled
8) Pretend you love winter but actually stay toasty in our heated tent
9) What else will you be doing on a snowy day in February??
10) Give back and support your community, which is what it's all about!
ACR Health’s mission is to create healthy communities by opening doors to services that enhance the wellbeing of all.
ACR Health provides a range of support services for individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS; prevention services to keep people free of sexually transmitted diseases and hepatitis C, youth services that equip young people with skills to make healthy choices throughout their lives; and Q Centers for youth to promote equality, celebrate diversity, and create a safer, more accepting and inclusive community for all.
ACR Health is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. To learn more visit acrhealth.org.